M·A·C Cosmetics' Keepsakes/ M·A·C Studio Brush Kit

3:09 PM Unknown 0 Comments



I was told by my favorite M·A·C girl Gabriela at the Nordstrom on Michigan (Chicago) that they were going to have 3 brush released as part of their holiday collection.  I was immediately interested.  I had wanted to purchase makeup brushes from them before but as a novice makeup person I didn't want to invest the money.  The cost for the use just didn't equal up for me.  So being told I could get a few for a group price I was all in.   

The sets are called "Keepsake".  The set I purchased is called Keepsakes/M•A•C Studio Brush Kit.  It included 5 brush and a travel carrying case.  It came with power blush brush called 129SE which similar to the all purpose for blush or face powder 129 power blush brush that retails at $35.00.   Also in the kit is the 190SE foundation brush similar to the 190 foundation brush which is designed to work with any M·A·C foundation, including Studio Fix and Studio Tech to create a smooth, even finish, flawless look.  The 190 brush retails at $34.00.  The third brush in the set is the 224SE tapered Blending Brush.  Like the 224 tapered Blending Brush it's used for eye shadow application retailing for $32.00.  The four brush included is the 213SE fluff brush.  This fluffy brush like the 213 fluff brush is used for the eye shadow to the lid area. This rounded shape brush retails for $24.00.  Lastly in set it the 209SE Eye Liner Brush.  This brush as an extra-fine tipped that can be use with liquid or cream products just like the 209 eye liner brush that retails at $20.00.





The brushes themselves are smaller in size than the regular purchase on their own brushes but not so small that can't be used effectively.  The 5 brushes come packaged inside a limited-edition cream glitter makeup bag with pearl beaded trim and a cameo-encrusted zipper pull. The makeup bag is in the style of the heirloom mix.  I'm not impressed with the makeup bag itself.  It's comes off cheap and doesn't appear that it will be able to stand up to repeated travel.  It's more for decoration if you ask me.  

Overall I'm happy with my purchase.  I got 5 M·A·C brushes valued at for $145.00 dollars for $52.50.  I feel like I now have the proper tools to paint my face prefect.    



The other two Keepsake kits where the mineralize brush and the extra dimension brush sets.  The mineralize brush kit work perfectly with mineralize products. It includes 187SE duo fibre face brush, 130SE short duo fibre brush, 286SE duo fibre tapered blending brush 287SE duo fibre eye shadow brush and a grey glitter makeup bag with pearl beaded trim and a cameo-encrusted zipper pull.  The extra dimension brush kit would help in creating a look that would be multi-dimensional. It includes 127SE split fibre face brush, 128SE split fibre cheek brush, 234SE split fibre eye blending brush, 235SE split fibre all over eye brush and black glitter makeup bag with pearl beaded trim and a cameo-encrusted zipper pull. 

0 comments: