Redeye's TBOX event

11:32 AM Unknown 0 Comments

This is a guest post from a follower turned friend Cat.  I gifted her a pair of tickets to Redeye's TBOX event.  TBOX is an annual bar crawl event held in the Wrigleyville area.  It includes Twelve Bars and 50+ Venues.  The theme of TBOX 2014 is TBOX ZOO - The Place for Party Animals!  They asked party goers to dress for Christmas or as their favorite zoo animal.  The event was held this year Saturday, December 13th for 8am to 8pm.  Below is her experience of the event.   

Equipped with a drawstring backpack, bright green fingerless gloves, a painted face and reindeer ears I headed to TBOX.  I know the festivities started at 8am however my sister and I arrived at noon.  I didn't expect so many people to already be so intoxicated.  Especially since the price of admission did not include free drinks.  It only gave you  "discounted" drinks, including $5 Bud light cans $5 Fireball shots and $3 limaritas. Mi sister and I quickly coming to the realization that we weren't drunk enough to appreciate the festivities.  We searched for the bars with the shortest line, although TBOX has all Wrigley bars exclusively open to TBOX ticket holders the lines were very long.  Especially at the more popular bars like Cubby Bear, Moe's catina, and John Barelycorn.   Many of the ATM's were out of cash and the local 7-11 doesn't give cash back with purchases so if I go again I know to bring cash with me. We ended up at bars further south of Wrigley toward Boystown. After a couple drinks we could really stated to appreciate the atmosphere.   People really committed to costumes.   You could see many people in animals onesies everywhere and Santas of all shapes & sizes. Each bar you entered had a different TBOX sticker.  The more bars a person visited the more stickers they adorn on their already whacky costume. Overall I had a good time people watching.










0 comments: