Mr. Brown's Lounge

4:10 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I had the privilege of going to new loop location for Mr. Brown's Lounge for press preview night and I had a blast! The loop location is at 81 East Wacker Place.  It's Adjacent to the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago.  This the second  Mr. Brown's Lounge to hit Chicago.  The loop location is operating during lunch, dinner and what I like to call party hours.  Sun-Thurs: 11am - midnight and Fri & Sat: 11am - 1am.  The food is jerk style of cooking using dry -rubbed or wet marinated overnight with a very hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk and then slow cooked on a charcoal grill for maximum flavor. 






I sampled a few of their go to dishes.  The MBL Island Jerk Chicken that comes marinated and also dry rubbed with Jamaican herbs & spices.  It was fall of the bone good.  I also had sides the fried plantains, Island Styled mac & cheese, rice & peas with bread.  I tasted the Guava Shake (coconut drop cookies) and the Banana Pudding.  The Banana Pudding  is no box brand; It's made of banana bread, fresh banana, caramel and plantain and taste like heaven on a spoon.   




And of course I sampled some libations.  I had 1 or 2 ok ok ok a few.  They all were great ( insert iPhone smiley face).  I like to have a drink when I step out with my friends but I don't care for hard drinks.  I find myself left out when I go to many bars and lounges.  I'm pleased to say Mr. Brown's lounges offers something  for people like me.  Yes they have a fully complete and stocked bar.  The bartenders were at the ready to whip of something for everyone.  I had the Whaler and Pretty girl both are pour in mix drinks.  I slipped on the Humming Bird which is a blended drink.  Lastly, I had the Dirty Banana, it tasted like a banana smoothie with a kick and my personal favorite.  


I'm very pleased with my experience at the loop's Mr. Brown's Lounge.  The staff was amazing, very knowledgeable and friendly.  The decor was very cute and inviting.  Even the bathroom.  I mean a girl loves a good full body selfie and the floor to ceiling mirror will offer just that.  The music was upbeat and added nicely to the party friendly vibe. 



I'll be back to the loop location very soon.  There are a few more things on the menu I still need to taste.  Like the Grilled Shrimp and  Jerk Seasoned Filet Mignon.  I'm also eyeballing the homemade rum raisin ice cream.  hmmmmmmmmmm sound like a delicious treat to have while seating out on their patio.  This pocket friendly place is a wonderful fit for this area.  It's true Mr. Brown's Lounge is a great place for authentic Jamaican dishes, culture and nightlife.    

Go to mrbrownslounge.com for their full menu and info both location
mrbrownslounge can be found on social media
https://instagram.com/mrbrownslounge/
https://twitter.com/mrbrownslounge
https://www.facebook.com/mrbrownslounge
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mr-browns-lounge-chicago-2 

0 comments: