Backhanded Compliments

8:47 PM Unknown 0 Comments

                       
                                                    Beware of backhanded compliments 

We've all heard them before.  Pretty for a big girl.  *Pause*  Are you saying big girls (women) are general ugly?  You have a lot of confidence.  *Pause*  Are you saying because I'm a big girl (woman) I shouldn't love my body and be proud to show it.  Or my favorite you look great now that you've lost weight.
                   
I posted on my Instagram page the other day me wearing a tube top with some somewhat dressy jogging pant and a duster as part of Marie Denee, The Curvy Fashionsta's August photo challenge.  It was challenge number 3: Casual Sunday.   

Well later that day I got a text from someone stating " Belly all out today lol." I replied "Ya and?!"  To which they responded "Happy spirits."  That had me thinking what does that mean so I asked.  They said " You're a happy spirit(ed) person.  I had to tell them "What are you trying to say?  It feels like you're talking in code."   

People will try to talk down to you in a polite way like just because you had an extra cookie or two you can't catch on to what they're saying. So not only are you  calling us fat ( like that's suppose to hurt our feelings) plus you think I'm not smart enough to see you're low key talking about me.   

Being a plus size woman is not for everyone.  People to talk about you.  They will call you names.  The judgement is real.  You can lose weight if you want.  Being happy and healthy should always be number 1!  Push back from the table.  Exercise. I encourage everyone to get out and about.  I just told Brandie of Lashes and Stilettos,  That I'm heavier then I'd like to be for my normal fat self. We agreed when she has her baby we can support each other to getting back to a sizes we prefer.  But PLEASE know this if you love yourself at 250 getting down to 150 it's going to increase the self love.  True beauty starts from within ( in my any Disney princess voice). 
  


                      


Look good and feel good for yourself and respond to backhanded compliments with a "Thanks, I guess"

                   



0 comments: