Wait, Let me get this correct!

3:19 PM Unknown 3 Comments

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10442295/?claim=vry8382xh6v">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


It's time to step our makeup routine up with correcting  concealer.  First what correcting color to use and why?  Green corrects extreme redness.  Yellow corrects pink and mild red hues.  Pink corrects yellow and mild green hues, brightening overly olive, sallow skin.  Orange/Peach corrects blue hues, under eye circles, dark spots caused by aging or sun damage, and brightens deeper skin tones.  Violet/Blue neutralizes yellow and orange hues, corrects dark spots and hyper-pigmentation and overly orange skin.

Now let's talk about brown girl beauty.  I've been wearing makeup for a while and I noticed my foundation wasn't given me the coverage I was looking for in some areas on my face.  My friend, Rahresha (@iraeisastylist), a professional makeup artist told me about color correcting concealer.  It's great for fitting blemishes like dark circles, moles, tattoos and any skin discoloration that requires more than just regular concealer or foundation. 




I use the orange correcting color for the dark spots under my eye and the darkest around my mustache area. 


Top: No makeup • Middle: Foundation only • Bottom: Correcting concealer & foundation


My favorite color corrector concealer is by Mac Cosmetics.  It's a tinted formula offering the traditional full coverage and protection of Studio Finish while providing professional quality concealing and has colour-adjusting properties. It goes on smoothly and dries matte. They say you can use it alone but I don't recommend.   For best results blend with your foundations. It's very pigmented so it gives a flawless look. Available in eight skin-correcting shades.



I've used L.A. Colors color corrector also.  It's available in an easy-to-use retractable stick. It covers, correct and blend to conceal imperfections and dark circles for a more even beautiful looking skin. L.A. Colors correcting concealer offers 18 shades.  

It works good for the price.  I purchased it was $3 at my local beauty supply.  I got in "pure orange."  It did do some correcting however my dark areas the orange wasn't rich enough.  It wasn't horrible so I'm adding it to my workplace makeup kit.  For the price and what it achieves it'll be perfect for the kit.  L.A. Colors can we purchased at many different stores however I've only seen this product at beauty supply stores.


You can purchase color correcting conceal from many other brands.  Many are sold as part of palette with multiple colors.  If you're not a makeup artist it's not worth it to me to buy a color correcting palette which will have colors you'll never use.  Hope this helps you reach your brown girl beauty goals. 







Remember to use the hashtag #selfieconfidence when posting your selfies. We want to see how much self love we can show in 2015.  

Brands can email me at theFatGirlofFashion@gmail.com if you want you lip color(s) featured on my social media as part of #selfieconfidence #365.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
    how to reduce waist fat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..

    potato juice for dark circles

    ReplyDelete