Dressing Room Confessions

3:35 PM Unknown 4 Comments


I'm glad you all really like Dressing Room Confessions.  I've decided to post future Dressing Room Confessions on the blog.  The response has been so great I'm currently taking appointments for guest on this series.  For those of you that are new to The Fat Girl of Fashion blog,  Dressing room confession is where I show other women that what their going though in the dressing room is happening daily to other women.  I offer tips to make the experience better.  DRCs is to show that we have to go though a feel bad choices before we say yes to that perfect dress or outfit. 


I did a blog post about Radiant Orchid, Pantone's Color of the Year for 2014 and since then I've been trying to capture this lovely color for myself.  The dress to the left was a fail from the first DRC series in which I said " It's best to try on clothes before you've eaten so you don't feel bloated."  I've finally been able to find this lovey color in dress form.  With this happy ending I suggest not waiting to the last second to get a dress/outfit for a big event.  It can be real upsetting when you have a look in your head of how you want to appear on that special day and not having enough time to achieve it.  Starting early gives more options.  


This is the same dress in three different sizes.  The bottom half was a good fit in all the sizes.  The issue was the top half.  It was TIGHT.  It's funny when I went out into the store to grab a larger size another woman was chatting with her friend and she was saying the same thing I knew but wouldn't admit.  It's not me it's the dress.  With that I'm saying recognize when a cut is just not for you.  I know I'm a plus woman and everything not going to fit but it's not always my body that's the issue.  Some clothes are just not cut properly.  


When recognizing cuts in clothes look at colors also.  Take the pictures above the the darker shorts on the left make me look smaller than the same shorts in the lighter shade.  Depending on where you carry your weight shading or color can make or break a look.  Shading or color can also enhance  a look.  Best you use color highlighting on your best assets.  


Thank you Forever 21 staff of Fox Valley Aurora store for helping with this Dress Room Confessions.  For the next DRC y
ou're welcome to join me.  I do them on Saturday or Sunday.  I'm open to any retail store or thrift store.  I've been asked to expand DRC to it'll include shoes, make up and hair.  The particpants must be willing to have themself photographed and or video taped without editing.  Email me at the fatgirloffashion@gmail.com if you're interested & in the Chicagoland area.  



Support the cause at gofundme.com/thefatgirloffashion 



4 comments:

  1. This is so me! I be going through it in the dressing room. Part of why I don't like trying on clothing. But I'm learning that I have to. Thanks for this! I'm going to tag you in one of my many fails in the F21 dressing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my posts are helping and feel free to tag away :)

      Delete
  2. In the orchid dresses do you have shapewear on in the second photo or is the second dress just more structured?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't have on any shapewear. It was simply a better fitting dress.

    ReplyDelete