Beyond the lights review

12:43 PM Unknown 0 Comments


The movie is about a up and coming superstar Noni Jean (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) 
who fresh off her first Billboard Music Award win she decides to end it all.    
She meets Kaz (Nate Parke), a young cop who saves her from herself.  Together they work to break free of the hold that their parents (Noni mom's Macy Jean played my Minnie Driver and Kaz's dad Captain Nicol played by  Danny Glover) have on them.   

This American romantic drama film is directed and written by Gina Prince-Bythewood of Love & Basketball fame.   

I enjoyed the movie a alot.   It melted this single girl's ice cold heart.  It has me looking at Noni like I feel you pain and Nate Parke like heeeyyyyy bae, lol.  I love that the movie pays homage to Nina Simone and her song Blackbird.  Beyond the lights 
is out in theaters today, November 14, 2014.  It's a wonderful film and I encourage you to go see it.   



0 comments: