Is Calvin Klein pushing back plus sizing?

11:43 AM Unknown 0 Comments


Before we go patting Calvin Klein on the back for their new ad campaign featuring a plus model.  There is one important thing that should be known. Their "plus size" model 
Myla Dalbesio is a size 10 maybe even closer to an 8.   


We in the plus community have been up in arms for years with major "plus size" brand for using models size twelve in their ad campaigns often stating even these models don't reflect real plus size women.  I think this CK ad is a real set back for the plus community.  An international recognizable brand such as CK has just pushed the sizing scale down a size maybe even two.  We already have to deal with the "Jr. plus" sizing and now this.  These clothing companies really need to do better.  

Myla said "I'm a bigger girl ... I’m not the biggest girl on the market but I’m definitely bigger than all the girls [Calvin Klein] has ever worked with.  This is true but honestly she's not a plus model.  I would say I'm not going to purchase from Calvin Klein in protest but they never wanted this fat girl's money anyway.   

0 comments: