Malibu Rum X Refinery29 Chicago Beach House Party

12:21 PM Unknown 0 Comments


When Malibu Rum and Refinery29 invite you to a party of course you attend.  And I'm so glad I did.  They turned a three story townhouse in the Bucktown area on the Northwest side of Chicago into a beach house for a day. Of course there was food, drinks, music and did I say drinks.  

Malibu Rum and Refinery29 have been throwing parties like this in several cities.  They've partied in Santa Cruz, Miami, Venice Beach, Minnesota, Providence, Montauk, Dallas just to name a few.  




Saturday’s party was  day one of two days worth of events they are having in Chicago.  The first of the two was a success.  Walking up I know the event was going to be nice.  Entering the beautiful home I was led right to the kitchen/bar counter first.  There were Malibu Rum specialty drinks to chose from.  This was a Publican Quality Meats carted event.   They treated us to a delicious Butcher’s selection of both meat and cheese with accouterments.  In the back yard Publican Quality Meats grilled up some right size summer foods.  They offered up their version of Elotes (Mexican street corn) with shishto pepper, feta and za’atar aoli.  Grilled carrots which included a creamy herb dressing with dill and pecan. They brought it all home with jalapeño cheddar bratwurst topped with sauerkraut and dijon mustard on a hoagie roll.  






The beach themed party allow me to wear some pieces I've been wanting to debut.  The GabiFresh X Swimsuits For All  GabiFresh x SwimSexy 2015 | Gabifresh I worn the pne piece {Sold out in all sizes} comes with underwire molded cup bra.  It has removable straps.  The powermesh tummy-control front panel instantly slims.  I love it!  I wish I would have worn it sooner but Chicago weather hasn't been the best.  I've been to the beach only one time this year for my friend's party. Read about all that fun here 711 Party.

I paired it with my cover up from the Lilly Pulitzer for Target capsule.  Yes! This is my first time wearing it after all I went though to get it -> I survived.  The yellow and white Satin Kimono in Pineapple Punch was an idea color play with the deep green in my swimsuit.  Topped with my Forever 21 shorts.  I also went with my go to hot pink Bestey Johnson clutch and gold sandals.   





They had Chicago based DJ Matt Roan rocking the party and clearly all the guest had a blast!


                                          





In honor of the Malibu Rum party I've include a drink recipe.  When you try it be sure to tag me in the pictures.  
                                                  

Pour malibu rum and curacao into a cocktail glass. Add by pouring down the side of the glass, in order; orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice. Serve.
15% (30 proof) Serve in: Cocktail Glass

As always drink responsibly. 

Me pictured with fellow Windy City Bloggers
TotallyTot, DuffyDossier & EngineeringStyle

Use the hashtag #MalibuBSE on social media to see all the fun


0 comments: