Slaying On A Budget

10:02 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I first saw Sanaa Lathan in the Diane Von Furstenberg Giraffe Daze Dot printed Catherine dress  from the DVF Seduction collection on Fashion Bomb Daily.   Sanaa Lathan wore it as she attended the VIP sneak peek of the *Go90 Social Entertainment Platform at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Los Angeles, California.   Claire Sulmers asked "Would you splurge of the dress?"  For me it was a question I didn't have to answer because the DVF dress isn't available in plus size.  End of story right?!  WRONG!! Thanks to Target & Ava Viv.  




I visited my mom yesterday and we stopped in her local Target.  That's were I snagged this has pocket friendly Ava Viv knit faux wrap dress.  The dress is made from God's gift to a plus girl, jersey material.  This midweight fabric makes this a perfect fall translation piece.  I wore it to the BeHealthful Chicago event.








The fit is great! I felt sexy without feeling as if I was revealing everything.  The dress has a slight high low that makes your legs look great.  It's not super noticeable so it works for a short girl such as myself.  I was lucky to be able to wear it on what is to be the last nice weather day here in Chicago for awhile.  As it get's cold I can see myself pairing this dotted dress with some tights & knee boots like Sanaa did and being just as comfortable as I was in these strappy heels.  

The Diane Von Furstenberg dress is truly lovely and I know all my readers are not plus size so if you interested in the Catherine dress I've included a link to purchase it from Nordstrom.  A direct buy from the Diane Von Furstenberg site is unavailable as the website has the dress listed as sold out.  Below I've included links to the full look I'm wearing. 


Shoes | Similar 
Purse | Similar 







*Go90's iOS and Android apps are going to be free to download and available to Verizon and non-Verizon customers, at least some of the content for the service will be exclusive for Verizon's wireless subscribers.  Designed to encourage easy sharing of videos via social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, the report said. Verizon also hopes the AOL purchase, which gave the carrier access to AOL's advertising technology, will help it deliver more targeted and relevant ads to users by accessing their location and interests.  Due to be released soon.  





0 comments: