Give Pink with FTD Luxury Collection | Breast Cancer Awareness

6:48 AM Unknown 0 Comments




October is breast cancer awareness month.  The ladies at my job asked me to join them in wearing pink every Friday in honor on Breast Cancer Awareness.  I got to thinking about preventive care for breast health.  It's not something that women talk about regularly.  Women tend to be the caregivers focused on their children, spouses and parents on top of working.  That leaves little time to think about yourselves.  I'm offering a little info on breast health as a refresher.  I've also including some lovely FTD flowers ideas as a way to encourage other women to focus on breast health.  

Women under 40 can do self exam and when you go for your yearly pap have your gynecologist do a clinical breast exam. 



Women age 40 and older should have a mammogram every year and should continue to do so for as long as they are in good health.  A mammogram is an x-ray exam of the breast that is used to detect and evaluate breast changes.  

With my focus on breast health I got to thinking about my mom.  My mom is a young 55.  She's a true caregiver.  She's has had children her entire adult life.  Now a proud grandmother,  she spends almost every weekend with my nephew.  I asked her when was the last time she had a mammogram?  Her response was "Why you always bring stuff up?"  I know I was bringing up an uncomfortable subject.  I told her that women of color have lower rate of survial of breast cancer because we don't follow up.  I started thinking of ways to take the fear out of getting a mammogram.  



We all know the Pink ribbons are the symbol for breast cancer.  But how could I take the pink ribbon up a notch to let my mom know how important her getting a mammogram was to me.  I then rememberd about the new FTD line I had seen at a blogger event.  The spectacular design flowers are inspired by natural and more organic elements. FTD designers describes this luxe collection as new, refreshing, striking, and modern.  Expertly arranged you can choose a luxe bouquet shipped fresh from the farm, or an arrangement hand delivered by one of our top florists. Either way, the gift will be extraordinary.  These bouquets are a perfect was to say I'm happy you chose to get a mammogram as a way for early breast cancer detection.  So when my mom returns from her appointment she'll have a lovely bouquet of flowers as a thank you for caring for herself as much as she cares for the rest of her family.  

  



24-inch Premium Long-Stemmed Roses in Vase


Your loved one will be all smiles when you gift them with 48 pink 24-inch premium long-stemmed roses, exotic bouquet situated in a superior 10-inch clear glass cylindrical vase.  Also includes a complimentary personalized gift message.  This will create a moment of delight and blushing radiance they will never forget.





Shine On Luxury Bouquet - VASE INCLUDED 


This stylist and stunning luxury arrangement, blooming with a captivating modern look that will have your special recipient taking notice. Lavender roses are placed to transition into the blushing pink of the Oriental Lilies creating a dramatic flower bouquet, perfectly accented with light green mini hydrangea and lush greens for a fresh feel they will love. Presented with a silver rectangular vase flaunting a sophisticated edge that elevates the styling of this piece.  Includes a complimentary personalized gift message.  



Duet Luxury Rose Bouquet in glass pillow vase


This will surely help create harmony and peace in honor of the bond you share. This unique and fashionable bouquet bursts with our finest blooms.  Twelve purple brilliant violet Mokara Orchids are the perfect pairing with 18 lavender 24-inch premium long-stemmed roses brought together in a superior 13-inch clear glass pillow vase to express your heart's every wish.  This lovely flowers come with complimentary personalized gift message.






Perfect for every occasion, echoing the beauty of life's limitless journey. Offer your hand and heart with our exquisite pink cymbidium orchids. Perfectly situated in a sophisticated and superior 14-inch clear glass tapered bullet vase, this unique bouquet creates a dazzling display of unmatched elegance.includes a complimentary personalized gift message. 



If you’re like me then you don’t like paying for shipping.  I means who does?! So my good friends at FTD have created the FTD Gold Membership.  Become a FTD Gold Member and get FREE SHIPPING*.  For one year from signup.  You’ll have free shipping,  No service fees,  Same day service/shipping fees are waived along with next day service/shipping fees.




I hope these exotic flowers inspire you to push your loves to look closer at their breast health.  I know breast cancer isn't something we want to think about let alone talk about.  However, a beautiful gift to show the family's caregivers whether it's your mom, grandmother, aunt, a friend how much they mean to you.  You can find out more about breast health at Susan G. Komen 



* Please see ftd.com for complete details.  


0 comments: